Saturday, June 19, 2010

To Tweet or Not To Tweet....

The Story
I really need to step my whole internet... Web... networking, etc game up! I was talking with one of my friends who is all about internet communications, web-pages, you tube this, twitter, Linkedin, Facebook or what have you. He thought I was way behind and said "You need Twitter, Facebook is about to be out" in which I gave him the look like "shut up I don't need twitter, I barely update FB, and I really don't need to be hip and trendy with internet communication... do I?"

The Thought
So then I started thinking how my friends who have all of those internet functions use them, is it for business or fun or a little bit of both. Industry people (famous ones) typically get paid to tweet bc they are promoting their where abouts... so I'm told. Well I don't flatter myself that at this point in my life anyone needs or wants to know where I am... I have other friends that use their web stuff as a way to promote themselves or a product or a social event. So it's Marketing. Hmmm, The minute I took the kicks and giggles element out of the web stuff, and let go of the notion web socializing is about self indulging and being nosy I decided that this new media is a part of the industry I need to learn how to get involved with it. So here's to setting up a web-page with my photos, reel and weekly buzz etc... and maybe even a career based twitter depending if someone is going to pay me to tweet my where abouts J/K. Like I said right now people may not care "where" I am, but there are film makers, writers, producers and directors that need to know "who" I am... and what I'm doing, and Twitter my be the place where I can get information out there fast and to the masses...

The Bigger Picture
Get out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment