Friday, November 27, 2009

Grass is Greener Moment

This is what I needed. My "break" from my city; from the grinding, pounding the pavement, starving artist lifestyle I have in NYC. I know I'm having a "grass is greener" moment right now, but I can't help it! *Smiles*

There is something so zen like about coming back to the midwest. People walk to a different beat here. It feels simple, breathable. No pressure! The highlight of the days are filled with family outings or games of scrabble and monopoly, or a hide and seek (which a fam favorite for my brother, sister-in-law and my nephew), or just everyone bunched together watching a blockbuster, laughing at old memories. My favorite is shooting the shit with my pop's on life love and the future while we watch home improvement shows HA! Life is based around family growth out here for the most part. Where as NYC is based around personal growth, power and success; the best of the best trying to achieve greatness. Oh yes definitely having a grass is greener moment. SMH. Welp, I have two more days until it's time to return to the "rat race." I know when I get there I will fall back in-love with my city, but until then I'll enjoy my midwestern roots.





No comments:

Post a Comment