Sunday, November 22, 2009

The First Thought

"It is not childish to live with uncertainty, to devote oneself to a craft rather than a career, to an idea rather than an institution. It's courageous..." -David Mamet

I read Mamet's True and False in 2005, the summer before I first moved to NYC to pursue my life as an actress...well fast forward 4 years later (HA) I still have to read his words to ground myself. Living in New York City and trying to become a professional actress is full of uncertainty and often times I feel more like a child then a courageous artist. But giving up on my dreams because the road may be unstable SMH...is not an option. So I keep Pounding the Pavement.

This is my journal of my road to success. The blood sweat and tears; the fashion, the industry parties, the networking games, and of course what my next 5 years will be full of... the AUDITIONS.



No comments:

Post a Comment