Saturday, February 13, 2010

"And This Too, Shall Pass"

The Reenactment
Casting Director: Hi Mimi

Me: (BIG CHEESE ON MY FACE/ HEART POUNDING) Yes! HI!

Casting Director: I don't have good news for you...

Me:(heart dropped, sunk into the chair)... Aw man, well *sigh* thanks for...

Casting Director: I HAVE GREAT NEWS!!!!

Me: I Flew Up out of my seat, out of the restaurant into the streets of New York trying not to scream into the ear of the casting director (which, no I didn't) but my body couldn't help itself it needed to move... So I did a little dance right there in the street. Then I proceed to take a breath and calm down, (which didn't happened) and picked up the cell to dial my #1... MY POPS, because Lord knows he has been my biggest supporter in my pursuits... It was a good day, I was on Cloud 9...

The Story
On of my Favorite quotes is "And this too, shall pass" I use this saying a lot when times are tough, but it really counts for all things. Right now, I am still on the high from booking my first commercial, but there was a part of me that wanted to suppress that joy for fear of being "boastful." However, then I thought about the quote...I know this feeling is going to eventually pass, so why wouldn't I give myself permission to take it all in and allow myself to experience this fully and openly? I love when people share their joys with me, I feel included and often inspired. I think this is a good quote to sit with from time to time regardless of what is going on in your life. I think if you truly grasp the understanding that this moment will pass, people wouldn't take life for granted as much, you would suck up and indulge in the good times more, and during those hard times, there will be an acknowledgment within you that knows "and this too, shall pass." There is these thing (I don't know what quite to call it) verse or passage that ties into what I am trying to express.. I try and read every morning the author is anonymous but it goes like this...
Today is a New Day
I have Given me this Day to use as I will
I could waste it away
or use it for good
What I do today is important
Because when tomorrow comes
This day will be gone forever
and in it's place is something I have left behind
let that be something good.

The start of a new day means one has just passed, and is "gone forever" I know I have been guilty of looking back in my past trying to figure out when I was most happy and when my life was exciting etc... and I would try and figure out how to recreate that now... but those moments have passed. What would have been more beneficial is to embrace each moment like I knew it was going to pass so when it did I would have no regrets letting it go. I lived it out fully.

The Bigger Picture
There are times when I just want everything on my vision board to happen NOW! (yep I'm all about the vision boards) anyways, I just want to jump to that part in my life, I think a lot of people have felt that way. The whole "I just can't wait until this happens or until I have this".... I do it often actually. But then that is taking for granted my life now. If I did have a magic control button where I can jump to where everything has come together, I would have missed feeling this excitement, and this excitement was worth all the struggles I've been through on this journey thus far. I think the picture I am trying to paint, the big picture here is that embrace your present moments fully, whether its the struggle, or hanging with friends in your pj's talking about life, or having time alone to do nothing, or even being "in-love" for a day or weekend lol, whatever you are currently doing... because when those moments are gone, they are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment