Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Could I pass for Caribbean, Hmmmm?

Lol, well I'm going in regardless. Today's a day of Print Go-Sees (there looking for caribbean type look- my agents are sending me, so I'm going!) I also have to do some mailings to the agents and casting directors I met last week (Mailings are thank you notes, or postcards with your updates). I have a "how to apply makeup for the camera class" I'm going to later tonight. Yep I have no clue. I was a tom boy growing up for the most part (Yessir a basketball beast on the courts), and just rely on the skills of my beautiful friends to do my makeup :) I'll probably catch up on some needed reading and possibly take my ass to the gym or a dance class.

I want to make a quick note about how artist are often seen by Corporate America, as "kids who refuse to grow up," and irresponsible. However I've learn that as an artist in pursuit, especially early in our careers, we need to be almost more of an adult then those who have a 9-5. There are days where you don't have to do anything. No one is checking to see if you "clocked in." It's all on you to organize your day and make the choices to network your ass off, or work on your monologues, cold reading skills, research new projects in works, summit yourself for indie flicks and student works. So on days like today when it is so easy to stay snuggle in my comfy bed and day dream what my life will be like when I'm super successful (yep I've done that a time or two... just wasting my day) I have to stay on my grind and "go to work." So to the office I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment