Friday, December 4, 2009

I had a taste of artistic freedom in Movement Class

The Story
I didn't know what to expect out of movement class. Initially I thought it was more of a "dance" get in shape type of class. However it's proving to be much more then this. We do a lot of contact work with each other in the class which is very intimate and was awkward at first... actually still is at times. We move into different positions which surprisingly can make you burst out in random tears, or give you a boost of energy, and at times can do nothing. Apparently our bodies hang on to different emotions from the past and just by a shift or a stretch we can release them. Movement classes help you open yourself and become aware of how your body processes life so to speak. This particular class was very moving because as a whole we were much more connected with each other. We all felt very free and open for the most part.

The Bigger Picture
It got me thinking how in everyday life we walk around so disconnected from each other and ourselves. We block so much of life out because our focus is on the future, the past, our "things to do list" and like 100 other reason. We are literally are breathing the same air, walking on the same street as millions, and there is no sense of connectedness. Not saying I want to walk around taking in every ones' energy and hug em' lol (Folks are crazy). However to be able to be free enough to open myself to others, to let someone in and allow myself to be effected by them; to be able to show my insecurities, my dark side within, my failures, my victories, my happiness, my love... to do this is a goal I strive for, not just in my acting but within all of my relationships that I value.

"Another Box Marked Off"

I created a tangible 5 year plan about a month before moving back to NYC primarily because I was scared shitless that the city would kick my ass back to Kalamazoo for the 3rd time and I wanted something I could literally hold that would make me feel like this time was different. I use it now more so as a guide, and will look at it maybe once every two months now. And sure enough I wrote to freelance with a commercial agent. The other day I was contacted by Avalon Artist Group and they are now going to be sending me out on commercial auditions! I have one next week yay! Fingers crossed. Now I need to send out updated post cards to all the CD's I've worked with the news!

No comments:

Post a Comment