Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I Kicked Ass

The Story
I brought my A-Game to the networking meet up event with Ashley Marshall, from Beth Melsky Casting. I got rave reviews! I'm going to need to learn not to get so hype when I hear good feedback. I held it together well in the room... but when I got out... "I did a little dance." And then proceeded to hit my hand on the clipboard that the monitor was holding and now there is a bruise and a cut on my hand OUCH! ... yep I'm clumsy when I get excited. I gotta learn to be more like my pop's who is just so cool and calm and just kinda has that "I'm a smooth dude" grin when he kicks ass at something." Wish I could've seen him play ball. Well regardless, the input gave me more motivation to go harder at this "game." 2010... I'm ready!

Helpful Info From the Event
If you've never been to Beth Melsky's Office here are just somethings that might help you. They are very organized. Beth (the owner) literally hand picks everyone who comes into her office. Ashley says Beth is amazing at what she does and does not forget anyone.

At their office you will always be given an appointment time, and you need to be there "on time" which means 10 mins early. Other casting offices typically give you a time range that you can go... well not at Melsky's.

She also mentioned www.castingfrontier.com as site to put your basic casting info up I think they use this instead of taking polaroids and cards that your fill out your basic contact info from. I'll have to look into it more because it new to me.

Links of your reels or maybe a clip on your emails. Ashley talked about when emailing agents and managers have a link to your work on your emails. She has a friend at Paradigm (One of the top commercial agents in NYC) who says "she'll take 10sec to click and see what an actor has going on"

No comments:

Post a Comment