Monday, December 28, 2009

Plan of Attack

The Line Up
One of the things I did not accomplish on my 2009 goals list was to book a commercial... I came close but no cigar... This means I'm going hard come January 201o. It's times to make bigger more aggressive moves toward what I want. So I have schedule 5 seminars through my job (Actors Connection) to meet and showcase my commercial copy (script) to industry casting directors and agents.

January 5th
Erica Palgon (CD)
Erica Palgon Casting (This is a New Casting Office)
My Theory... she's likely to build her files and be receptive to calling in talent herself since this is a new office... if not she's still a casting director and all casting directors need to know me and my work.

January 6th
Michael Raymen (Agent)
Don Buchwald & Associates.
My Theory... One of the more reputable but still wouldn't say in the Top 5 of the big Commercial Talent Agencies... may top 6. I know two people signed with them that can add as a referral so here's hoping.

January 7th
Marla Haut (Agent)
Innovative Talent
My Theory... I would say Innovative is one of the Top 5 commercial agencies in NYC... so why not see them. :)

January 12th
Rebecca Yarsin (CD)
House Production & Casting
My Theory... If you are in the commercial world you will eventually be called to have auditions at HOUSE. It's filled with casting studios and is a heavy hitting commercial casting spot. You want these people to know you. So of course I'm going to see her and get feedback on what she thinks.

January 20th
Ingrid French (M)
Ingrid French Management
My Theory... I've never been big on having a manger unless you actually have a career to mange. However, I've heard good about Ingrid. I know she is a work-coholic (however you suppose to that) and she has great relationships with industry casting and production people, not to mention she's been in the biz for a min... So regardless of if she wants to work with me or not I curious about her advice and feedback for me.

The Wrap Up
On top of these 5 Seminars... Classes at Esper Studios start back up on January 7th, and I will be looking at taking a 6 to 12 week class at Upright Citizens Brigade or The Pit or The Magnet (all are Improv Joints) towards the beginning of February. So that's this is the starter stages of my January 2010 plan of attack. Lets see what happens. Stay Tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment