Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Point me in the direction of a gym please...

40 Day Countdown... the pressure is on
The goal... get in shape for a photo-shoot in 40 days. I hate that I have to say this again, (I feel like it was my 2006 New Years saying) but "gotta get my 6 pack back!" Too much Holiday FOOD :(

The Story
Anyone who really knows me, knows that my sweet tooth rivals that of cookie monster from Sesame Street... Actually I'd probably take his title truth be told. I don't have the strongest taste buds for seasoned "real" food (nor the skills to cook it), but give me those rich chocolate delectable tortes, cheesecakes, pastries, etc. and I'm good! Those who have lived in Atlanta should know about Cafe Intermezzo's... also known as one of my favorite restaurants because of all the desserts yum! "I'll take a slice of the Fruita de bosco and a white chocolate mocha please." =)

So, needless to say... I'm still on my holiday diet (eating pretty much any and everything that looks good) and thus have put on a pound or two... or 7 to be exact LOL. This hasn't really bothered me... until RING RING RING, my best friend, who is also in the biz (we act like each others managers/agents, support team... and therapist at times). Well she did her part tonight by holding me accountable to staying on task. Love her and hate her for it... One of those tasks is to follow through with a photographer that is suppose to shoot us... We have the opportunity to shoot with a really good photographer, and we both need more shots (especially full body shots). Now I've put off shooting for a number of reasons... and now, I absolutely need new shots because of chopping all my hair off, but when my best friend contacted me about the matter, I was resistant (gave her a little bit of a tude at that) because I wasn't ready to give up my yummie diet or get my Kanye 1, 2 step on for that matter. So after I threw my minor tantrum, I realized she was right. I contacted the photographer to set the date. So I got 4o days!!!

The pressure is on... To some this is ample time to get fit. To that I say, we have not met yet and you do not understand my relationship with sweets! It's my kryptonite, especially STARBUCKS, and they are everywhere in the city. Sigh! I know, I'm making excuses, so enough with the whining. This is like getting ready for pre-lent! So as I polish off this slice of pumpkin cheesecake, and slip down my mocha latte' I am making a promise to myself to layoff the sweets and get my ass to the gym and be in kick ass shape for the shoot in 40 days! (Starting Tomorrow, of course)

The Bigger Picture
Will Power... you get it.

1 comment:

  1. Mimi, you are definitely the fourth daughter as I too would beat and steal the title of Cookie Monster; my nickname as a youngin was Cookie!

    Starbucks will do a body good! So no w(h)ine unless you are serving cheese!

    Love ya...you and Brandi Work it!

    ReplyDelete