Monday, January 4, 2010

Ready or Not???

The Story
Hide and Go Seek was one of my favorite childhood games. But as the New Year has begun, and inventory has been taking and goals have been set... why am I still playing this game? Why am I still finding the best way to hide... myself that is...

The other night I wrote about how fear got the best of me... As I sit at my favorite coffee spot with my two best friends as we plot out our moves to "take over" I am reminded of how much stronger I feel when I'm surround by people who love me... surrounded by Family. Standing up to my fears is not as hard when I have hands to hold, a shoulder to lean on and an ear to listen... I read Sidney Poitier's Life Beyond Measure, about year ago before I'd move back to New York and he spoke about fear... and how so many people let their fears shape their life. "I'm scared to do A, so I do B" and the pattern continues and there you have a life built on fear. He said something about how he walked the line between life and death... Not that I want to be that daring just yet, but maybe like the game goes... ready or not? 2010 is no doubt is going to bring many changes to my life that I don't know if I'm ready for... But regardless it's time to come out of hiding, show my hand, face my fears and keep it moving... It's time to hang up my childhood game and at least take some steps closer to that line that Sidney Poitier so boldly walked.


No comments:

Post a Comment